SoluForce has developed a spoolable Reinforced Thermoplastic industrial Piping system (RTP, also known as FCP) for hydrogen applications. The SoluForce FCP has been certified for hydrogen applications up to 42 bar of operating pressure. Unique in the world of hydrogen transport and a global first. This significant milestone has a major impact on the feasibility of hydrogen, and is a new step towards a sustainable energy mix.
- Certified for hydrogen applications of up to MOP 42 bar/ 609 psi, at maximum operating temperature of 65°C for up to 50 years.
- Based on proven and excisting technologies
- The only Flexible Composite Pipe for hydrogen applications available today
- Quick and easy to install
The pipe features a uniquely manufactured bonded aluminum layer, preventing hydrogen from permeating out of the SoluForce H2T pipe. Resulting in the industries only completely Hydrogen Tight Reinforced Thermoplastic Pipe (or RTP) system. Therefore it eliminates possible health, safety and environmental issues. The pipe is reinforced with aramid fibre, and the inside and outside layers are made of a non-corrosive HDPE. No special treatment is needed, thus reducing installation and maintenance costs.
With the certified maximum operating pressure of 42 bar, the SoluForce H2T pipe is perfectly suited to be connected to hydrogen electrolizers, that usually operate at around 30 bar.
SoluForce Hydrogen Tight (H2T) has the same characteristics as the Classic version.
The SoluForce Hydrogen Tight system has many benefits, that are the same as other SoluForce versions. For hydrogen specifically, the main advantages are:
- Operating pressure of 42 bar
- No permeation
- Fully certified
- Non-metallic fitting system
Main advantages compared to steel:
- No hydrogen embrittlement
- No corrosion
- Fully flexible
- Easy and quick to install
Hydrogen Tight vesion is available for SoluForce Classic.
Contact us for more information.